Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 March 2012

Springing back


Confession time. I've rejoined the gym.

While this could create a horrifying image of me in shorts and a vest, rest easy. I'm always sensibly presented when working out.
Arms are more or less covered. Shorts are of regulation length (not below knees, not too high above the thigh). Trainers are suitably subtle.

I also swear I'm not a gym 'grunter'. While there's nothing wrong with showing effort and enthusiasm, I'm not a big fan of the loud shouts of strength that you hear. See also clapping, strutting and repeating slogans: 'Feel the burn. Be the muscle. Master the grunt.'

Today's sunshine has certainly brought a sense of spring to my outlook. I feel full of energy again. We've cracked a couple of wedding things and spent the evening looking at honeymoon bits.

It has been a productive day. In fact I've been a bit of a kitchen wonder today. Dinners for the week done. A couple of evening meals sorted.

While this may not sound much, I was the bloke who was fairly dangerous to be around, only in the kitchen you understand.

I would go into more details here but, I fear, my dad is reading this. Ah well.

Still more to do. Time is ticking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment