Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 January 2012

Bike bits

Despite me not yet mastering the bike, I already seem to be collecting and desiring gadgets and gizmos.

I have started eyeing up things I don't have but have now realised I 'need'.

When I say 'need' I really mean bits I will use once and then put away or stash for a rainy day.

I better go over what I have.

To add to my nifty helmet, I already have some bike lights, which were a gift from my eldest brother Rich, and some gloves to protect my hands. My middle brother would be calling me an idiot for those but Ed, if you're reading this, people will be staring at the ridiculous man on the bike and ignoring he's wearing gloves.
I will be mocked as an ensemble.

I will be adding the aforementioned padded boxers/shorts,  a bike rack - for the car - and , not doubt, some  geeky/quirky cycling top.

The question is, what don't I need?

I'm new at this whole thing and so everything for sale seems cool and essential.

Cycling clogs? I want them for future trips to Holland.
Safety bananas? You can never have enough.
Biking whiskey? Surely, it's an essential.

I've taking photos for years so I know which kit I need. I have a gut instinct about what new pieces I should avoid. But bikes? Whole new playground.

It's quite fun really. It's a world of learning and new skills to acquire.

I've gotta get that balancing, pedalling thing sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment