Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 January 2012

Game off

Ah the board game. Where do you stand? Force for good or servant of evil?

Now, cards on the table, I love Scrabble.

However I dislike the following games more than anything:
Monopoly
Mouse Trap (far too long to set up with such an anticlimactic ending)
Pop-Up-Pirate (I'm far too jittery)
Operation (see Pop-Up-Pirate)

Surely, Monopoly is the worst game ever invented.
If this was a dystopian future and was given a choice, either entering the ultra-violent Running Man or play Monopoly, I'd take my chance against Buzzsaw and his pals.

The best thing about the game are the figures. When your game can only be saved by a miniature dog and iron, you know you're on a loser.

And yet people love it.

I'm writing this after an evening which finished with UpWords (a Scrabble spin-off if you like) with my future in-laws. I lost.

It's not that I hate these games It's just I'm really bad at them or I never get the rules.

Any win is usually pure fluke. Trust me. Maybe I'm just a bad loser.
Maybe I just need years of practice only chosen game. Master the movements of the iron round the curves of Mayfair.
Or maybe, just maybe, I should stick to Scrabble. Sounds great to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment