Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 January 2012

In a spin

Side effects are funny.

There are the ones you're prepared for (like the gas) and ones that sneak up on you.

Well, I've been well and truly ambushed today.

This morning I was grabbed by the head-spin monster.

I'd showered, got dressed, trundled down the stairs and there it was. A touch of dizziness.
It wasn't the good kind. It wasn't the kind you get after one too many drinks. It was the kind you get when you first spin around and feel a bit, well, wonky. Light-headed.

Clever WTB told me to eat, so cucumber sticks were the treat of the morning. A pint of water and some healthy bits later I was back on track.

It was weird. I'd eaten a fair amount yesterday and so it was a wee bit of a shock. Granted, the diet is not balanced, but it is my fault if I'm not munching on veg.

On today's menu there's been chicken. At the mo I feel I'm more Colonel Sanders than human. I've eaten a fair whack of chook for dinner and tea. We've griddled the meat and, man, the variety has been welcome. We're back to a veggie option tomorrow so I've enjoyed every single mouthful. 

The weird thing about the soup? I quite enjoy it. It's hearty, full of flavour and healthy. I may not eat it every day of the week but as a once and a while option I'm sure we'll cross paths again.

Final day tomorrow. Rice and more soup...

What an exciting prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment